Getting Ready to Breastfeed
A free 3-part mini course covering some breastfeeding basics
Baby's coming. Are you ready?
When you are pregnant, it’s easy to focus on learning about all labor and delivery. But new mothers tell us over and over “I wish I had prepared for breastfeeding as much as I prepared for the birth.”
Breastfeeding is natural, but it takes time to learn. You can make the adjustment much easier by learning the basics before your baby arrives.
In this free, 3-part video series we'll walk you through some of those basics.
Video #1 reviews the benefits of breastfeeding. (Did you know breastfeeding can save you up to $3,000 or more a year?) Knowing how important breast milk can be for the health of you and your baby will help you hang in when the going gets tough.
Video #2 dispels 6 persistent breastfeeding myths. (Hint: You don’t have to give up your favorite spicy foods to breastfeed.)
Video #3 focuses on 3 very important things you do right now to make the early weeks of breastfeeding much easier.
In addition to video content, this course includes downloads (eg: a photo guide for latching), worksheets and links for extra reading.
Best wishes on your journey into parenthood.
Cindy & Jana
About Cindy & Jana
We are Registered Nurses and International Board Certified Lactation Consultants. We have helped over 30,000 new families settle in with their newborn and we want to help you too! We provide the information you need to feel confident and relaxed.
Why Breastfeeding is Important
- Breastfeeding is free. Just imagine the money you will save!
- Breast milk is at the perfect temperature and always ready! No mixing, preparing or sterilizing required.
- Your baby will have fewer ear, chest and stomach infections. (Less trips to the doctor for you.)
- Moms who breastfeed have stronger bones and less chance of breast and ovarian cancer.
- Breastfeeding burns calories! Lose weight while you sit on the couch.
- Your period could be delayed for 6 months or longer.
- There are a lot more reasons we talk about in the first video of this free course!